Make the most of English Asparagus with this simple but delicious recipe.
- 250g cooked asparagus
- 150g cooked haricot, cannellini or flageolet beans
- 1 lemon
- 1½ Tbsps olive oil
- 1 tsp white wine or balsamic vinegar
- A handful of baby spinach or salad leaves
- Mix the oil and vinegar together and grate in the rind from half the lemon.
- Season and stir the dressing into the beans, saving a little.
- Put the salad leaves into a shallow bowl, spread the beans on top and lay the asparagus spears on top, drizzling with the rest of the dressing and seasoning with black pepper to taste.