This is a really quick and easy supper dish. Serve with flat bread and bowls of crème fraiche and harissa (serves 4).
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsps oil
- 100g/4oz squash/pumpkin, diced
- 270ml/8 fl oz vegetable stock
- 75g/3oz raisins
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 x 400g/14oz tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Handful of coriander leaves, chopped.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan; fry the onions and garlic until soft and transparent.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the chickpeas; bring to the boil, stirring.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 7-8 minutes until squash is tender.
- Add the drained chickpeas, mix well and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Add the coriander and serve hot with rice or flat bread.